Montana Skies

Do you have a question for Jenn or Jonathan?

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jonathan

I was listening to your cd Music for Classical Guitar this AM on the way to work and was wondering what luthier made your guitar----super tone quality,

Bill
Thanks Bill! It's a Kohno classical guitar (with a spruce top). It's a professional J model. I got a great deal on it many years ago from a shop in Montana that was going out of business. I think it was built in '93.

Bill Day said:
Jonathan

I was listening to your cd Music for Classical Guitar this AM on the way to work and was wondering what luthier made your guitar----super tone quality,

Bill
Hi,

I was just at the concert at Mission City in San Jose, and turned in the email in exchange for the download card. It turns out the card I got is blank. The bandcamp site wants an 8 digit number for each of the four albums, and my card is blank. Can you help?
Ross,

Sorry about that!! I noticed after the show that same blanks ones got mixed in with the others. I will email you tomorrow with the proper codes. We just got in and I don't have the cards with me now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Talk to you soon,

Jon

Ross Nelson said:
Hi,

I was just at the concert at Mission City in San Jose, and turned in the email in exchange for the download card. It turns out the card I got is blank. The bandcamp site wants an 8 digit number for each of the four albums, and my card is blank. Can you help?
Thanks. It was a great show, glad we could attend.

Montana Skies said:
Ross,

Sorry about that!! I noticed after the show that same blanks ones got mixed in with the others. I will email you tomorrow with the proper codes. We just got in and I don't have the cards with me now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Talk to you soon,

Jon

Ross Nelson said:
Hi,

Hi, first I must say you guys are truly incredible! I was curious if you did any private events? and if so what the booking cost would be.

thanks!

Saw you Sat night at the house concert in Vinings

Just fantastic ! Wanted to talk to Jonathan after the concert,

but you were tied up . What kind of guitar was that and 

and I'm curious about the sound  hole cover. And do you 

play everything in standard tuning or do you use any 

drop tunings . Seems like you also use a finger pick 

on most tunes but it was hard to see from my seat.

And how do you avoid left hand fatigue and tendonitis?

Thanks 

Ed 

Hey Edward,  My guitar is a Kohno classical guitar. I installed the pickups in it.  I am using RMC brand piezo pickups and an internal mic.  the soundhole cover is by a company called "lutehole".

http://www.lutehole.com/  I don't do much drop tuning.  I do drop to D for the pink floyd but most  everything else is standard.  I do use a finger pick on my thumb.  it is a fred kelly bumble bee pick.  http://fredkellypicks.com/bumble-bee.html  I try to play lightly on the left hand and nylon strings make it easier too.  I also think other types of exercise help to keep the hands in shape too.  i work out a bit and do yoga as well.

Thanks for coming out and listening.  Best, Jon

RSS

MUSIC

Downloads

Live from the Mable Barnes Amphitheater (audio)

Lift

Chasing the Sun

Montana Skies

---

CD's and mp3's also available from:

AMAZON

CD-BABY

i TUNES

© 2017   Created by Montana Skies.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service